Friday, November 26, 2010

Euphoria

I've been saving this for a while since I've been a little afraid about sharing.
There's something about the flat form of a blog post that does not even come close to fairly representing the sheer euphoria of seeing

Arcade Fire

live in concert.

I know I won't be able to do it justice, and I know that even if I were trying to explain it to you in person all I'd end up saying is "You HAD to be there! You just had to be there."

My friend, Jacqui, was there that night too and she is way better with her words than I am. Over on her blog, she said....

"They've been called the world's best band. They have this crazy sound that is huge but is also singular in how it affects you. There is a chord they seem to strike in a lot of people. I actually kind of am sad that they are as huge as they are because I feel like they are a very personal part of my life. I'm not a musicophile or anything even close but when something does affect me, it is a part of my world and starts to become integral in how I interpret the world. And there is some music that does this. "

Simply put, it was amazing. You had to be there.






I owe a massive thank you to my friend Patty who introduced me to AF in the first place and then insisted that we go to the show together as my birthday present.



It was an awesome birthday present.




Read Jacqui's entire entry on Arcade Fire here

No comments:

Post a Comment