Monday, August 23, 2010

Shorten & Wear Again

For my friend Emily's bachlorette last year, one of the things we did was watch 27 Dresses. In this movie there is the famous phrase attached to bridesmaid dresses that goes a little like this: It can always be shortened and worn again. I decided to take on this challenge for my own bridesmaid dress.

This is what it originally looked like:



With some additional alterations, this is what I turned mine into:


After seeing what I had done to my dress, my fellow bridesmaid, friend, and sister of the bride asked me if I could do something with hers as well. I agreed to the task, we threw around some ideas and this is what came out of it:


The creation of both of these was really fun, and it is a wonderful way to be able to use a dress that was chosen for such a beautiful and meaningful event.

No comments:

Post a Comment