Monday, August 9, 2010

Hidden Sprins Retreat & Guest House

A while ago (5 years?) my parents decided to build a Bed & Breakfast. The chalet has grown in popularity over the years, so much so that as family members, it is best to plan months in advance when the visits home are going to be... otherwise there may not be an open spot :S

As you know, if you have been reading, my parents have gone on vacation, and they have left me in charge. Typically my parents handle all of the chalet business, but I have witnessed the workings of their side for quite some time so I should be comfortable with doing it by myself.

... It is more difficult than I thought it would be. I receive, and reply to many phone calls through-out the day, and I find myself wanting to change entire policies for a customer because of my reluctance to face confrontation! I want to say "Yes that is how much you have to pay! Not the price that I said, I am so sorry! My parents are away and I am just getting used to this!"

See, I know that I have the correct prices on my side... and in all honesty they aren't really able to argue with me... and I do tell them the correct prices, but I still feel like I am the one in the wrong.

At the same time this job is rewarding. There are people who come to the farm and don't have a complaint in the world! So I just remember that this place is a peaceful escape for many who usually don't get that. And I am going to enjoy my time here.

OH! And If you do want to come visit/find out more look here: www.hiddensprings.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment