Thursday, August 5, 2010

In the Name of Her Majesty the Queen

Welcome to the border...


My passport says:

"The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada requests, in the name of Her Majesty the Queen, all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance and to afford the bearer such assistance and protection as may be necessary."

I feel very privileged that the Queen takes such good care of her loyal subjects including myself.

So, invoking the name, Queen Elizabeth II. I took a little trip to the land of the free and the home of the brave last month.


I made it through my journey without let or hindrance, but not without a few blisters and bushwhacking.

And did you know... The Queen keeps all of the maps of Canada in her office and won't let them out to Uncle Sam??

We had incredibly detailed maps for the US Boundary Waters, but the Canadian side was completely blank with only a little sarcastic comment in fine-print saying something about Her Majesty refusing to share...



We managed to find our way around with only half the maps in hand.



Feeling patriotic (my shirt says Canada on it)



A special thanks to my expert guide who honored the Queen's request.



p.s.

Guess who owns all the maps of the Cook Islands??

No comments:

Post a Comment