Thursday, July 28, 2011

21

...it seems different somehow. I have never really been concerned with my age. But I was laying awake the other night and it hit me. Soon I'll be 21. And it seems like a point of no return. Not in a sad way... just different.

As though, past this point, there will be more responsibility, more doubt, and just more difficulty as the path ahead shifts and turns out of sight, and understanding.

Thankfully I have a few people in my life who help to pave the way through "Points of No Return". Not least of these being my dear cousin Emma. She just had her 21st birthday on Tuesday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!

I need to thank you cousin, for being the beautiful, heartfelt, passionate inspiration that you are. And also for being such a wonderful friend.

Here's to the ever changing future.


1 comment:

  1. 21 is a good age.... there's a reason why they call it Forever 21 ;)

    I'm so proud of you, sister. You are doing far better at 21 than I was....

    ReplyDelete