Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Recognize These Women?






Jirka Vaatainen is a Graphic Design student who has recently received wide recognition for his interpretation of classic Disney princesses 'in real life'.
"Really Kelsey?" said my brain.
"What?!?" I replied.
"Recently, received, recognition... You couldn't find any synonymous?"
"Do we really have to talk about this now? I am in the middle of a blog post and you are interrupting me."
"Well if you are going to be so repetitive than it's a good thing I did! I think it's time for me to take charge here."
"What is that supposed to mean?!"
"Step aside Kelsey, and let me do the work..."

These three photos are only a taste of the wonders you will find on Jirka's blog! He started the Disney character manipulation with his favorite vilian Ursula, the half woman, half octopus that scammed the Little Mermaid Arielle into giving up her voice for human legs, with only one shot at making the Prince fall in love with her! The photos will amaze you, ASTOUND you, and perhaps have you wondering "Have I met her before?" only to catch your breath once you realize that you've known her your entire life...
"You really think that was worth it?" I asked my pompous brain.
"Of course! I switch things up, make it more interesting for your readers instead of just the same old 'Go check this thing out, I think it's sooo great, maneneaneamn bla!' I actually get the reader excited about what I'm showing them."
"... I don't talk like that. That is the worst impression of me I've ever heard."
"What? Oh! You mean... (raises voice a bit too high) 'I'm Kelsey and I'm so cool, you should be my friend." Like that?"
"We are not having this conversation in front of our readers."
"Why? Are you--"
"CAN WE JUST TELL THEM ABOUT JIRKA'S BLOG AND GET ON WITH IT?!?!?!"

The pictures are really well done. I hope you all enjoy them, and I also hope these images remind you of childhood... the child inside you, never taking anything in life to seriously ;)
"That's how you're ending the blog?" my brain asked.
"Yes! Do you have a problem with that?"
"No... I actually kind of like it."
"...Thanks."
"Hey! Let's go have a butter, peanut butter and jam sandwich cut in fours!"


Hey everyone! Just want to let you all know I appreciate that you spend time reading the blog... ESPECIALLY on days like today when I get a bit carried away :) Enjoy the princess, and make time to revert to some child-like behavior every now and again. CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment