Friday, September 30, 2011

Feeling Small

There are few things that make me feel so small.
But the night light that flashes across the northern sky
vividly reminds me of the feeling of childhood in a humbling way.

Growing up on the farm, I used to see them all the time,
but recently I've forgot to even look for them.

I've been too distracted by "life on the ground" to remember to watch for life in the night sky.

This week, Kelsey go to see them
and then someone sent me a video of the northern lights in action from the space station.

Talk about humility....
Watching the lights dance remind me that I am tiny in this universe.








photos from here, here, and here

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I think this past week was the first time I saw the northern lights in about 5 years. Pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're enjoying the wonders of the farm sister :)

    ReplyDelete